10 Signs that a Food Crisis Is Near
For many people alive today, the notion that a global food crisis could suddenly and dramatically sweep across the world seems absurd. Even if it were to envelop a distant, developing country, how likely is it really that we in the wealthiest country in the world could be victimized by a food shortage?
The fact of the matter is that there are some credible indicators that we might very well be heading in the direction of a global food crisis. In this article, we’ll discuss what those signs are, and how hobby farm financing can protect your property’s future.
10 Signs that a Food Crisis Will Likely Happen Soon
The data is in – and these ten signs all indicate that a serious food crisis is looming on the horizon:
- The Ogallala Aquifer in the United States is projected to continue to deplete.
- Agricultural diseases are rapidly wiping out the global food supply.
- Global oil prices are continuing to climb at an alarming rate.
- The United Nations recently announced that global food prices have reached an all-time high.
- Millions of people around the world continue to be pushed into extreme poverty.
- The world could very soon experience a dramatic fertilizer shortage.
- Developing countries, such as India, are experiencing steep food inflation rates.
- Droughts are continuing to grow more common, and more severe.
- Large portions of U.S corn are now being grown for fuel, rather than for food.
- We’re losing arable land; the area around the Fukushima disaster in Japan, for example, won’t be viable for a very long while.
How to Prepare
The food crisis might be around the corner, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t ways to prepare. Start with educating yourself, striving to support your local economy, and growing and storing as much of your own food as possible. In the event that a food crisis does occur, it may be worth it to start your own farm, and apply for a beginning farmers loan.
Contact MSF Agriculture, the Experts in Hobby Farm Financing
Are you interested in looking into hobby farm financing but don’t know where to get started? Fear not! The experts at MSF Agriculture are here to help. Contact our office now to find out how financing can protect your hobby farm.